Hi everyone, it’s you’re beauty editor, Emilie! I’ve missed the talk and activity here on the LCC—things have been insanely busy in London but I’m thrilled to be back in the blogging world! I’m so excited that we’ve finally reached the time of year where I can share my holiday gift guide. There are so many amazing individual products and gift sets on the market this year that any beauty lover will be happy to give or receive. This guide covers everything I’ve blogged about this year—skincare, makeup for the face, eyes, lips, and of course, a set geared towards luxurious pampering. Each palette or gift set will also give you a ton of bang for your buck! More products for less money, who doesn’t love that? So LCC ladies (and gents buying for the ladies!), read on and have a very happy holiday season.
1. Josie Maran Whimsical Wonder Argan Oil Skincare Essentials – Argan oil all year round is a beauty must! Josie Maran’s holiday gift set truly is wondrous and will provide the nourishment that the skin and hair needs. Argan oil is beneficial to anyone and everyone, no matter their skin type. (Taylor talked about them all here!) A big beauty misconception is that oily skin should never be treated with beauty oil. Argan oil or argan oil products like Josie Maran’s will deliver the proper amount of moisture to the skin and help to balance pH levels. This kit includes Pure Argan Oil, Argan Oil Milk, an intensive Creamy Argan Oil, a Daily Moisturizer, and a Body Butter.
2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit – Hourglass’ most epic collection for the face has finally launched and will shine bright beneath any Christmas tree. Hourglass formulates products that create a glow from within once they’re applied to the skin. This gorgeous range of highlighters, blushes and bronzers will complete any look on any face no matter the skin tone. The packaging is sleek and portable, making it a travel makeup bag essential. Why stuff all those product compacts when everything you need for a gorgeous, glowing face is right in this palette?
3. LUSH Snow Time Wrapped Gift – A weekly pampering day is crucial, especially during the harsh winter months when our bodies are craving extra moisture and warmth. This gift set from LUSH has everything you need for a relaxing day of treating yourself. The box includes the Ice Blue Soap, which contains sea salt and peppermint–perfect for a morning pick-me-up shower! The Snowcake Soap, which has a creamy formulation and an almond scent. A refreshingly salty body scrub bar sloughs off dead skin without causing irritation. The Cristingle and Dream Cream body lotions are both incredibly soothing and suitable for all skin types. And finally the Mint Julips Lip Balm and Scrub which works to un-chap and condition lips!
4. NARS Steven Klein Collaboration Killer Heels Lipstick Coffret – This kit is any lipstick lover’s dream come true. NARS lipsticks are both pigmented and moisturizing, which lends extremely well to holiday and New Year parties. The best thing about this set is that there’s a true range of shades: a nude neutral, two distinctly different pinks, a classic red and a deep burgundy. Each color stands for five different looks that any makeup girl might want to try on any given day. The formulation is also spectacular, creamy with a soft sheen. Your lips will be beautiful and smudge-free no matter which shade you choose.
5. Urban Decay Vice4 – This palette has everyone talking this holiday season. If you or someone you know loves to experiment with eye shadow looks then this is the gift to ask for or give. The collection of shadows in this palette is more diverse than in any other that Urban Decay has ever created before. The unique shades are strategically arranged, vertically and horizontally, suggesting ideas for different looks. The range of colors is wonderfully unique and the possibility of combinations is endless. Any makeup girl will begin to dream up new looks the second she opens this on Christmas morning.
Disclaimer: I am not paid or sponsored by any of the aforementioned companies to talk about their products. I’m discussing and recommending these things because I love and benefit from them and I hope you will too! But of course different things work for different people so results may vary.
Written and Curated for the LCC by Emilie Louizides