Told ya I’d be back around today! I’m excited to get back to blogging. It sounds so cliche but the past three weeks of my life have felt like there’s been something missing without checking in to share something with y’all everyday. Today I’m sharing how I quickly redid an old cork board to give it a new life!
Cork boards are really underrated, if you ask me. I mean, you can do so much with them! You can hang inspiration, create an easy-to-read calendar, or even create storage by adding cups, baskets, etc. to your board. This one probably would have been thrown away, so I did my recycling deed of the day. Keep reading to learn how I gave this cork board 10 minute makeover.
My best friend Jordan had this cork board in her throw away pile during her recent move. I instantly spotted it and knew it was worth giving a little makeover to. It was a simple and quick fix! (And some fun girlfriend time, too!)
- Sandpaper (optional: sander)
- Paper or Wrapping Paper you want to be the background.
- Prep the frame by sanding. We chose to use an electronic sander for convenience, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
- I chose to leave the unfinished look, but this is when you'd want to paint the frame if desired.
- Next, cover your entire cork board with modpodge.
- Measure your paper to fit the cork and cut precisely.
- Lastly, lay down your paper and smooth. *Pro tip: Use a credit card to smooth the paper as you go and eliminate any wrinkles or seams.
- Let dry for approximately 30 minutes before pinning anything up.
I’m loving adding quick updates to my office area. This Cork Board 10 Minute Makeover was surprisingly a hit with my boyfriend too! Head over and follow me on Pinterest to make sure you stay up to date on all of my inspiration! Do you have any quick DIY makeovers you’ve done lately?