This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #FaceTheHoliday
Is it just me or is the Monday after the holidays always the hardest?! I’ve sure done my fair share of eating, drinking, and being
cozy lazy on the couch. One thing getting my butt moving is knowing the New Year is right around the corner! Before you start making your New Years resolutions and goals though comes the party! New Years Eve is always a blast, and I just love that it’s an excuse for everyone to get dressed up. I’m so excited to partner with NEUTROGENA today to share with you the perfect beauty look to go with your gorgeous New Years Eve outfit! I’ve been a diehard NEUTROGENA fan since I was allowed to wear makeup. I have super sensitive and acne-prone skin, so my mom was very cautious when it came time for me to experience with beauty products at all. As a brand as a whole, NEUTROGENA is with my mom, cautious and aware of what you put on your skin. So when it came time to create a NYE look, I knew I wanted a little bit of a darker eye then I usually wear on a daily basis, as well as a strong lip and beautiful complexion. Here’s a breakdown of each product that we used to create this look, most of which I found at my local Walmart (!), and scroll down to read how to achieve it for yourself!
- NEUTROGENA HEALTHY SKIN Primer – I always start my makeup routine with this product. It evens and brightens skin, and includes optical modifiers to help minimize the look of imperfections for 8 hours.
- Concealer (I use Make Up For Ever religiously, you can read why here.)
- NEUTROGENA HEALTHY SKIN Blends – My go-to product as of late! This mosaic powders includes a translucent powder to help control oil and shine, a blush, and a bronzer. (It’s like a contour palette calling your name!)
- NEUTROGENA HEALTHY SKIN Blush – You know how most blushes are super heavy and look like they were spray painted on? This product has quickly become a favorite because of how lightweight it is! It is enriched with botanical conditioners, designed to blend evenly and instantly provide a natural looking, gorgeous glow.
- BeautyBlender Sponge Applicator – A must have in any beauty tutorial. This product is a life changer!
- NEUTROGENA Nourishing Long Wear Eye Shadow + Built-in Primer – I love this eyeshadow because it makes a smoky eye so doable! I’m always wondering which shades will go best together, etc. It provides up to 12 hours of rich, nourishing color and the built-in primer prevents creasing.
- NEUTROGENA Healthy Volume Mascara – NEUTROGENA’s mascara has been proven to provide 400% fuller lashes.. How crazy is that?! I love that it not only plumps the look of your lashes, but it also conditions them!
- NEUTROGENA MoistureSmooth Color Sticks – I saved the best for last. We all know I’m a bit of a lipstick snob, if I do say so myself. I usually shy aways from the “sticks” because I find that they need reapplying often. This product has proven me wrong! Not only is the color great, but mango and shea butter continuously condition lips so they are softer and smoother in just 3 days. (The mango makes it smell unusually good, too!)
Start with a damp makeup sponge to apply your primer and foundation. Then apply your concealer in order to get rid of any redness. Next, we applied a cream blush as a base for the powder blush (NEUTROGENA HEALTHY SKIN Blush in shade #20, “Vibrant”), first using a finger to warm the product up and then using a stipple brush to blend out. This technique is an easy hack to make your blush last longer. To finish off the fresh-faced look, we then set the cream products with the NEUTROGENA HEALTHY SKIN Blends (in shade #10, “Clean”).
For the eyes, we started by brushing and filling in my eyebrows with an angled eyeliner brush and a dark taupe shadow. For the eyes we started with the cream color in the palette for all over clean color with a fluffy eyeshadow brush. Next, we added the taupe color from the palette to the lid, blending into the crease. We added the darkest brown to the crease with a denser crease brush and blended out to create a “smokey” effect. The light pink was last to be added in order to add a touch of brightness. Then came the mascara, which we applied to both top and bottom lashes. Last but not least, the darker lip color makes the look! We applied the lip crayon (in “Rich Raisin”) with a lip brush for more precision.
So what are your plans for NYE? Do you have an outfit picked out? A beauty look in mind? Come back tomorrow for a full roundup of outfit ideas for the special night! Happy Monday friends!
Hair & Makeup Artist: Tawney Holmes
Photos by Kelsey McCarthy